DO schools and multiple MCAT attempts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

urinegoodhansss

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Apply to all!!!! Or rather, you're fine and don't need to skip any, other than the newest schools and those on my Bad Boy list.
Thanks for such a quick reply! I’m really happy to hear this input. If I may humbly ask, would your program raise any red flags or cut me due to two sub 500 scores or does the 508 seem redeeming enough? Those are my biggest insecurity lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for such a quick reply! I’m really happy to hear this input. If I may humbly ask, would your program raise any red flags or cut me due to two sub 500 scores or does the 508 seem redeeming enough? Those are my biggest insecurity lol
You'll be OK. Be prepared to be asked about the two bad attempts, any answer truthfully.

To give you an Insight on the subject, at least at my school, I had a faculty colleague who would reject you on the basis of the fact that you should not have taken a career deciding, high-stakes exam when you were not at your best. He felt that this is a sign of bad choice making.

The rest of us would then overrule him on the admissions committee and admit you.

those scores do not define you as a person, so let it go and keep your eye on the ball

Reactions: 2 users
You'll be OK. Be prepared to be asked about the two bad attempts, any answer truthfully.

To give you an Insight on the subject, at least at my school, I had a faculty colleague who would reject you on the basis of the fact that you should not have taken a career deciding, high-stakes exam when you were not at your best. He felt that this is a sign of bad choice making.

The rest of us would then overrule him on the admissions committee and admit you.

those scores do not define you as a person, so let it go and keep your eye on the ball
Awesome! Thanks for the great advice Goro! You really are a life saver out here and I just wanna let you know a lot of us appreciate all you do. This is a huge confidence booster. I wish you the best!

Reactions: 1 users