Do schools background check BEFORE offering acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdoriphone

Reaction score
Is it common for a medical school to do a background check on you BEFORE offering you an acceptance? I know most schools do it after you accept your seat and you pay for it yourself.

I was at work and saw on the caller ID log a call from a medical school I applied for (and am still waiting on a decision). Then a few minutes later, another call came in from a background checking company. Although my workplace is healthcare related, and the medical school are in the same area, they don't have any business relations that I know of.

Is this just a weird coincidence? Should I be expecting an A call soon? Am I just making things up and wishful thinking?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it common for a medical school to do a background check on you BEFORE offering you an acceptance? I know most schools do it after you accept your seat and you pay for it yourself.

I was at work and saw on the caller ID log a call from a medical school I applied for (and am still waiting on a decision). Then a few minutes later, another call came in from a background checking company. Although my workplace is healthcare related, and the medical school are in the same area, they don't have any business relations that I know of.

Is this just a weird coincidence? Should I be expecting an A call soon? Am I just making things up and wishful thinking?
No. When you see (making this number up) 40% of your offers refused, it is a waste of time and resources to do this earlier.

Reactions: 1 users