Do schools consider updated GPA's...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snooper92

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know, from experience, if the schools actually look at the recalculated GPA that AADSAS is supposedly going to submit during the "Academic Update" period? The period is sometime between December and February.

I just ask because I'll be taking a bunch of courses this coming fall semester that will boost my GPA, so I'm hoping that after submitting those new grades and getting the GPA calculation redone, the schools will consider those.

I've heard mixed things....

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

It's my understanding that some schools will consider the update. This is especially true if your app was strong in the other areas and the GPA was what kept them from loving you completely. However, you should consider that acceptances start December 1st so by the time the update gets to them there will be less slots left to fill. I wouldn't bank on this making a huge difference this year. Hopefully, your app is strong enough in the other areas to make your GPA seem less significant.