Do schools contact your experiences?

Started by deleted943279
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted943279

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do individual vet schools/the VMCAS contact your experiences and ask how you were as a worker? Just wondering because I left one of my jobs on a bad note so I'm okay with them being contacted to confirm my hours but would leave it out of my experiences if they'll be asked how I was as a worker
 
I believe some schools do. I asked the veterinarian I work for if he has ever been contacted, and he said he hasn't (In the 40 years he's been practicing and writing recommendation letters). However, I heard here on SDN that UGA contacts experiences, so I assume it just depends on the school.
 
UGA is the only school I've ever heard of contacting experiences, I think others only would if something seemed fishy, like if you were claiming an outrageous number of hours. Also I know there used to be a box you had to check on each experience to give permission to contact them, if that still exists you could leave it unchecked and I don't think it would be a red flag.
 
If they call, it is to verify your hours. Accuracy on your application is stressed because reporting hours accurately reflects a certain quality.