1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

DO Schools for Alaska student?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Nanook, Nov 12, 1999.

1. Nanook

Nanook Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hey all--

Any advice for a prospective DO student from the far north? Are there any schools that are friendly to AK students, or any I should not apply to? (I'm applying this coming year, not now)

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. UHS2002

UHS2002 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

There is one student from Alaska in my class, who also plans on going back to Alaska to practice.

4. rhillstr

rhillstr Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I might be wrong, but I think this call would REALLY be worth your time. Let me know how it turns out!

WICHE Student Exchange Program
    Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education
    3030 Vintage Blvd.
    Juneau, AK 99801-7109
    Phone: (907) 465-6741
    Fax: (907) 465-3293

5. Nanook

Nanook Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Actually, I am well aware of both the WICHE and WWAMI Programs for AK students. Apparently, though, Alaska only participates with Allopathic schools. I.e, if you go to an Osteopathic medical school, you do not get reduced tuition.

This is somewhat frustrating, considering that they participate with just about every allopathic school in the western US. (This, by the way, does not mean we have better acceptance chances, just a reduced tuition if we do get in).

If anyone knows any AK students at DO schools who are willing to converse and lend advice, please send me their e-mail (if they are willing).

Thanks!
    [email protected]