DO Schools for Alaska student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nanook

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all--

Any advice for a prospective DO student from the far north? Are there any schools that are friendly to AK students, or any I should not apply to? (I'm applying this coming year, not now)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

There is one student from Alaska in my class, who also plans on going back to Alaska to practice.

I might be wrong, but I think this call would REALLY be worth your time. Let me know how it turns out!

WICHE Student Exchange Program
Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education
3030 Vintage Blvd.
Juneau, AK 99801-7109
Phone: (907) 465-6741
Fax: (907) 465-3293

Actually, I am well aware of both the WICHE and WWAMI Programs for AK students. Apparently, though, Alaska only participates with Allopathic schools. I.e, if you go to an Osteopathic medical school, you do not get reduced tuition.

This is somewhat frustrating, considering that they participate with just about every allopathic school in the western US. (This, by the way, does not mean we have better acceptance chances, just a reduced tuition if we do get in).

If anyone knows any AK students at DO schools who are willing to converse and lend advice, please send me their e-mail (if they are willing).

Thanks!
[email protected]