DO schools pros and cons

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjy2103

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
beyond location, what are the strengths and weaknesses of each DO school that you know of from friends, family, etc..i.e. it has housing...reputation...etc

i heard UMDNJ has problems graduating their DO students due to some investigation from a friend who goes to NYCOM...is this true?

thanks~

Members don't see this ad.

i heard UMDNJ has problems graduating their DO students due to some investigation from a friend who goes to NYCOM...is this true?
thanks~

There are a lot of unsubstantiated rumors out there about UMDNJ-SOM.
There was a weird thing that went on with the former Dean, but he isn't there any more.

UMDNJ is a great DO school. The staff goes out of it's way to support students in whatever way they need and they seem to have a personal interest in everyone succeeding. There is no reason to perpetuate rumors - students there do very well and match into great residency programs from the research I've done on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
beyond location, what are the strengths and weaknesses of each DO school that you know of from friends, family, etc..i.e. it has housing...reputation...etc

thanks~

Yeah, UMDNJ is not going to graduate any more students, MD or DO, and they are also firing all the staff residents and physicians, closing the doors of the largest health care system in the USA and leaving most of NJ to home remedies and nature's course.

not