Do schools see your other exams in other fields?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lshai

Reaction score
Please don't come for me lol but I was wondering if medical schools see the exams you've registered for (but haven't taken) like PCAT, DAT, etc. Or do they only see whatever exam that's been scored already?

Members don't see this ad.

You need to submit your scores to schools via AMCAS, they can't just go find them. Those other scores won't be visible unless you were to submit them to the schools.

Reactions: 2 users
You need to submit your scores to schools via AMCAS, they can't just go find them. Those other scores won't be visible unless you were to submit them to the schools.
Except, for the MCAT, I don't think you actually do anything to submit the scores. Since both the MCAT and AMCAS are run by AAMC, I am pretty sure AMCAS automatically picks up every MCAT you're ever taken, and automatically sends all of them to every school you apply to, with no action on your part. That's probably what OP is asking. The answer is no -- AAMC doesn't have some magic link, like it does with the MCAT, to automatically sniff out every test you've signed up for. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Except, for the MCAT, I don't think you actually do anything to submit the scores. Since both the MCAT and AMCAS are run by AAMC, I am pretty sure AMCAS automatically picks up every MCAT you're ever taken, and automatically sends all of them to every school you apply to, with no action on your part. That's probably what OP is asking. The answer is no -- AAMC doesn't have some magic link, like it does with the MCAT, to automatically sniff out every test you've signed up for. :)
Oh okay, thank you for your help!

Reactions: 1 user
I didnt need to submit my PCAT scores. So nobody knew i even took it

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but if we've taken another exam (I.e. GRE), is it beneficial to add those scores to AMCAS?

• Haha
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but if we've taken another exam (I.e. GRE), is it beneficial to add those scores to AMCAS?
Why would you do that? To be like “Look at me, I am not only a potentially good physician but also a lawyer and a manager”?

Why would you do that? To be like “Look at me, I am not only a potentially good physician but also a lawyer and a manager”?

LOL. Very valid. I recently started my AMCAS and was just surprised to see the section where AMCAS lets you input the other test scores, so wasn't sure the purpose of it