Do schools see your other exams in other fields?

Started by lshai
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lshai

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please don't come for me lol but I was wondering if medical schools see the exams you've registered for (but haven't taken) like PCAT, DAT, etc. Or do they only see whatever exam that's been scored already?
 
You need to submit your scores to schools via AMCAS, they can't just go find them. Those other scores won't be visible unless you were to submit them to the schools.
Except, for the MCAT, I don't think you actually do anything to submit the scores. Since both the MCAT and AMCAS are run by AAMC, I am pretty sure AMCAS automatically picks up every MCAT you're ever taken, and automatically sends all of them to every school you apply to, with no action on your part. That's probably what OP is asking. The answer is no -- AAMC doesn't have some magic link, like it does with the MCAT, to automatically sniff out every test you've signed up for. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Except, for the MCAT, I don't think you actually do anything to submit the scores. Since both the MCAT and AMCAS are run by AAMC, I am pretty sure AMCAS automatically picks up every MCAT you're ever taken, and automatically sends all of them to every school you apply to, with no action on your part. That's probably what OP is asking. The answer is no -- AAMC doesn't have some magic link, like it does with the MCAT, to automatically sniff out every test you've signed up for. 🙂
Oh okay, thank you for your help!
 
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but if we've taken another exam (I.e. GRE), is it beneficial to add those scores to AMCAS?
 
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but if we've taken another exam (I.e. GRE), is it beneficial to add those scores to AMCAS?
Why would you do that? To be like “Look at me, I am not only a potentially good physician but also a lawyer and a manager”?
 
Why would you do that? To be like “Look at me, I am not only a potentially good physician but also a lawyer and a manager”?

LOL. Very valid. I recently started my AMCAS and was just surprised to see the section where AMCAS lets you input the other test scores, so wasn't sure the purpose of it