Do schools send secondaries for verified AMCAS applications w/o recs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rpdnathan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to receive secondaries from schools if I submit an AMCAS application without committee letter and updated MCAT score (retaking it again)?

Members don't see this ad.

Is it possible to receive secondaries from schools if I submit an AMCAS application without committee letter and updated MCAT score (retaking it again)?

Some schools will send you their secondary. Like GWU.

Others screen (not many) and will wait for your MCAT and your verified application etc.

Yes, unless the school screens their secondary. LORs and MCAT scores are usually needed only to make your file complete; the secondary is just one part of your file, so they aren't required.

Again, schools with unusual screening procedures might do things differently, but that's how it works at most schools.

Yes, unless the school screens their secondary. LORs and MCAT scores are usually needed only to make your file complete; the secondary is just one part of your file, so they aren't required.

Again, schools with unusual screening procedures might do things differently, but that's how it works at most schools.

Okay, thanks. That clears up a lot of things for me.