DO Schools w/ MBA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bgreet

Dopefish Lives!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know PCOM offers a join 5 year degree where you get your DO and MBA from St. Josephs but does anyone else know of any DO schools that offer this? I think its very important for doctors now adays to be very good in business, as the entire system is infested with it and it sometimes supercedes the needs of patients. A doctor needs every tool he can have in his arsenal these days to look out for his patients.

Members don't see this ad.

I think a lot of schools have these programs. I know that OUCOM does.

theres an mba/do at uhs

Members don't see this ad :)
You can take an MPH for free as a medical student at NSUCOM. I will already have mine by the time I go there but it is a nice thing to be able to do...for free.

ANyway they also offer an MBA there as well. They have a law program and a business division so I think it may be through those areas. I am not sure on that part but I know they offer it.

UHS Offers a dual DO and MBA program. The mba is through rockhurst university which is a pretty nice degree... and you get both in a total of 4 yrs... so no waiting an extra year or whatever for it... draw backs are that the mba is about 25000, and it pretty much kills both your summers and 3rd yr rotations if you were thinking about going outside of kansas city... but you can still rotate outside of kansas city on your 4th year...

One here at NYCOM also. The joint degree however only takes the normal 4 years to complete.

CoolDreams is a dork and a jackass, dont listen to anything he says.

I am just about an MSIV and I am in the 4-year DO/MBA at UHS. Outstanding Program. I have already had "under the table offers" at more than one place when I finish with internship, not even residency.

Go to the website. cte.rockhurst.edu/hcl

check it out. it is very hard work, but well worth it. Not only do you learn the business of medicine, but what PD wouldn't want someone who can handle the rigors of two professional program at once, and still excel.

Get my drift.

NF

Just curious :D , but offers doing what? admin?

OSU-COM is starting DO/MBA and DO/MPH programs this next year. We already have DO/PhD. I also believe that it is possible to combine the DO with the forensic science MS.

Does anyone also know if its a pre requirement to take some business courses before applying for the do/mba combined program, or do you just fufill the requirements for the medical school?

PCOM has a dual program. The MBA is through St. Joes. Five year program. I do not believe there are any prereqs. Acceptance into the program is during your MSI year.