DO Schools with Easy Secondaries?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cavs5284

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have seen several lists of this for allo schools but none for DO.

Having a list might help people prioritize which DO schools to send secondaries to first.

Members don't see this ad.

They are all bascially the same. Don't apply to DO schools based on secondary length/ease. Thats stupid.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
MSU was quite long and extensive. But it is these schools that have the best programs. I see secondaries as ways for schools to understand a little more about the applicant. If a school has no secondaries then it really bothers me because I am sending them a $50-100 application fee with biographical information. I want that money I am paying to hold some value for my application progression.

You should send secondaries to school based on your interest. If you really wanted to go to A, B, C and they had long secondaries then spend the time doing that so you get them out early. Don't waste your time on D, E, F (your less intersted schools) because they are easy secondaries. Change your attitude because this is dangerous thinking. Passion>easy

Reactions: 2 users
MSU was quite long and extensive. But it is these schools that have the best programs. I see secondaries as ways for schools to understand a little more about the applicant. If a school has no secondaries then it really bothers me because I am sending them a $50-100 application fee with biographical information. I want that money I am paying to hold some value for my application progression.

You should send secondaries to school based on your interest. If you really wanted to go to A, B, C and they had long secondaries then spend the time doing that so you get them out early. Don't waste your time on D, E, F (your less intersted schools) because they are easy secondaries. Change your attitude because this is dangerous thinking. Passion>easy

All the school really needs to know about me is in my primary. I am primarily interested in becoming a physician and not selecting my "dream school" or perfect match. I'll work hard, take standardized tests, and be on my way. The only aspect of a school that really matters to me is their match list and median MCAT and GPA.

Even if I was looking for the little idiosyncrasies that make each school different, it would still be of benefit to know which schools had easy secondaries given the rolling basis of admission. Knowing which schools of my list will take the least time to apply to would help me complete my secondary applications in a time efficient manner.

With that said, does anyone know any more schools with easy or no secondaries/ is there a comprehensive list of DO schools out there with no secondaries?

All the school really needs to know about me is in my primary. I am primarily interested in becoming a physician and not selecting my "dream school" or perfect match. I'll work hard, take standardized tests, and be on my way. The only aspect of a school that really matters to me is their match list and median MCAT and GPA.

Even if I was looking for the little idiosyncrasies that make each school different, it would still be of benefit to know which schools had easy secondaries given the rolling basis of admission. Knowing which schools of my list will take the least time to apply to would help me complete my secondary applications in a time efficient manner.

With that said, does anyone know any more schools with easy or no secondaries/ is there a comprehensive list of DO schools out there with no secondaries?

Yeahhhh I suggest not saying the bolded statement to your interviewer otherwise you will not get accepted lol.

LECOM, LMU-DCOM, PCOM, PCOM-GA, and Rowan had the "easiest" secondaries in my opinion.

Boy, you sure sound like someone I would love to have around as a classmate or colleague.

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Maybe I shouldn't have been so blunt lol. Of course I wouldn't say that in an interview; I'll be a perfectly politically correct, sociable person in the interview. There is no use lying to myself or to an anonymous message board, though.

I know each school has its own history and philosophy, but in the end they are all training students to be physician. The differences between them likely do not change the content of what they teach. Medical school is only 4 years of a lifetime of a medical career so, unless a school's lessons vary significantly from the norm, there really isn't too much of a point in worrying about all the little differences.

You can just briefly glance through the secondary prompts for each one that you get and knock out the easy ones relatively early. I suspect that's what most of us do. I don't understand your reasoning though. Even if a school does not ask for long essay responses regarding "Why our school?", you will almost certainly be asked about it in an interview. It's thinking that you will have to do, whether it is for the secondary or if it is for the interview, if you hope to get accepted.

Maybe I shouldn't have been so blunt lol. Of course I wouldn't say that in an interview; I'll be a perfectly politically correct, sociable person in the interview. There is no use lying to myself or to an anonymous message board, though.

I know each school has its own history and philosophy, but in the end they are all training students to be physician. The differences between them likely do not change the content of what they teach. Medical school is only 4 years of a lifetime of a medical career so, unless a school's lessons vary significantly from the norm, there really isn't too much of a point in worrying about all the little differences.

Truth spoken right here. I'd say if you're big on independent study then really shoot for LECOM-B because of the Independent Study Pathway.

You can just briefly glance through the secondary prompts for each one that you get and knock out the easy ones relatively early. I suspect that's what most of us do. I don't understand your reasoning though. Even if a school does not ask for long essay responses regarding "Why our school?", you will almost certainly be asked about it in an interview. It's thinking that you will have to do, whether it is for the secondary or if it is for the interview, if you hope to get accepted.

Of course I'd have to know about the school for the interview. My reasoning is completing my applications in the most time-efficient manner I can. If invited to an interview, it only makes sense to learn about the school and plan accordingly but, why worry about it before it's necessary to?

Of course I'd have to know about the school for the interview. My reasoning is completing my applications in the most time-efficient manner I can. If invited to an interview, it only makes sense to learn about the school and plan accordingly but, why worry about it before it's necessary to?

Are you applying this year?

Well, even though all schools prepare you to become a physician and you have to take the same board exams, each school is different in how they do that. I believe that these are very important because if you don't fit into PBL style classes (LECOM-B) then you will really hate your time there and will not get the most of your invenstment. LUCOM has a different atmosphere from what I have learned in this forum. Likewise, every school will be different and you may want to make an effort on understanding these differences and how they can help or undermine your success. Don't go in thinking that all schools teach the same content.

I have seen several lists of this for allo schools but none for DO.

Having a list might help people prioritize which DO schools to send secondaries to first.

Lecom's secondary has no essay questions. However, If you are making your school list based on the difficulty of secondary applications the best advice I can give you is to find another career. Goodluck!

Wow. You realize that you may not care about fit but that the school does, right? That they're the ones doing the deciding, not you?

Also fit should be extremely important to you- there are more than just slight differences between the schools lol. I'd hang myself if I went to LECOM or LUCOM, but I'm really happy to be at the school I'm at because of the huge cultural and methodological differences between the schools.