DO schools with LOWEST MCAT average for recent classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FuturePharm21

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, so there are about 30 DO schools in U.S., and I was wondering which are the 5-10 that have the lowest GPA/MCAT averages for recent entering classes?

let me know,thanks:love:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, so there are about 30 DO schools in U.S., and I was wondering which are the 5-10 that have the lowest GPA/MCAT averages for recent entering classes?

Do A Search College of Osteopathic Medicine (DAS-COM) has an average MCAT of 14J. impressive huh?

Members don't see this ad :)
You are way too scared of the MCAT, without actually having any idea about what is on it. It isn't that terrible. If you are as compulsive about studying for it as you are about asking questions about it, you'll probably get a 40.

I am confused, are you in a 7r program? why are you worrying about the mcat and getting in right now, when you haven't even started college? Do well in school, now and worry about it 3rd year after you take the mcat. The average stats will be a lot different then.

hell if you are that scared of the mcat, you can start studying now, you can do practice verbal passages :rolleyes:

Do A Search College of Osteopathic Medicine (DAS-COM) has an average MCAT of 14J. impressive huh?
Which school is that?:confused: I want to know the same thing as the OP. However I already took the test and didn't like my results. :(

Which school is that?:confused: I want to know the same thing as the OP. However I already took the test and didn't like my results. :(

he was being sarcastic, there is no DASCOM

BTW: relax

he was being sarcastic, there is no DASCOM

BTW: relax
Ah ok, I did look it up before posting and couldn't find it. Sorry i guess i am in a panic state since getting my scores. I wasn't expecting this.

Preparing for medical school early is great. However, you should be focusing your energies on building the best application profile that you can, not worrying too much about which schools to apply to, given a set of hypothetical MCAT scores. That is, you should be going out there and doing well in your classes (with an eye toward MCAT preparation, if you desire), doing interesting, relevant, and fun extracurricular activities, and getting clinical exposure.

Also, as I stated before, you are asking the wrong question. Why would you be framing yourself in this way? You should be asking how you can score well on the MCAT and build a good profile. Averages are rising all the time. Your entire profile needs to be as good as you can get it. Don't let MCAT or anything else be the limiting factor in choosing a medical school. Make your application awesome and compelling, so that you can have your pick.

Jesus H Christ. CHILL THE F%&KKKKKKKK OUTTTTT. You are by far the most compulsive, freak out poster on the forums. I don't even understand where you come up with these questions. Last I heard, you were 18 and attending NSU BS/DO program??? You don't need to worry about the god damn MCAT right now, let alone which DO schools have the lowest scores, let alone assume that you would do poorly, let alone make the assumption that DO schools accept people with poor MCAT score, etc etc etc etc. Go take a ****ing nap.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jesus H Christ. CHILL THE F%&KKKKKKKK OUTTTTT. You are by far the most compulsive, freak out poster on the forums. I don't even understand where you come up with these questions. Last I heard, you were 18 and attending NSU BS/DO program??? You don't need to worry about the god damn MCAT right now, let alone which DO schools have the lowest scores, let alone assume that you would do poorly, let alone make the assumption that DO schools accept people with poor MCAT score, etc etc etc etc. Go take a ****ing nap.

He's soo right..

Being actively engaged in your life and being fully present are very different experiences than worry and futurizing. If you don't know the difference and can't feel it, I suggest some self-exploration.

Dude chill out an enjoy college. Its supposed to be the best time of your life. Its definately the only time in life where it is socially acceptable to drink during the week.

I think this kid gets off by making these threads. He sits there in his underwear with a box of tissues wondering how many people he can annoy with each post he makes. College is supposed to be about drunken one-nighters wondering whose bed you are sleeping in but I think its all SDN for this kid.

My turn...I have a question somewhat related to this, so not sure whether to post here or not. And I did a search but only found the answer for allopathic schools.

Which schools accept the highest score for each section if you have taken the MCAT more than one time?

Dear pre-osteo and SDN,

I apologize, oh how I apologize for my son's behavior on these boards. Every couple of weeks I find where his schizophrenia meds were stashed instead of consumed, and then I find a long list of his detritus in my web browser history. SDN is the least offensive site he visits, but his inquiries here are still very embarrassing. You should see what he posts on conspiracy theorist, alien visitation, and vaccinations-tied-to-autism sites.

FuturePharm21 is a 47 year old, unemployable, very mentally ill man, who has never lived away from home, nor will he ever do so, because he keeps getting kicked out of institutions for rubbing up against the nurses. When he is on his meds, he is more than happy to watch TV all day. He particularly loves the View, and had very strong opinions about Rosie's arrival and departure.

Again, I apologize that he continues to post here. When and if it happens again, I hope you will view it as I do, a lapse in his mother's ability to cope with his exhausting care (and continuation of her utter resentment of his existence).

Best wishes,
FuturePharm21's mother (pity me)

Wow, that is a lot more effort than I would be willing to put forth.

Can a mod please do an IP address check to see how many user names this guy has made?? This is just getting absurd.

If this post is legit, then alright. But if this post is not legit, he deserves a permenant IP ban. That is not something someone should joke about because I know several schizophrenic people that have to deal with their illness on a daily basis. Definitely not something we should joke about on a medical forum.

Reactions: 1 user
why would someone named futurepharm want to know about DO schools? Aren't you going into pharmacy?

If this post is legit, then alright. But if this post is not legit, he deserves a permenant IP ban. That is not something someone should joke about because I know several schizophrenic people that have to deal with their illness on a daily basis. Definitely not something we should joke about on a medical forum.

Yeah, if it's a joke it's really not funny. Looking through Pharm's post history though:

1. high school student who applied to combined BS/PharmD programs (and was accepted to various ones) - most of these threads also oddly had posters who made user names during the same month of the thread and only posted one-two posts in those threads (usually asking the same questions as Pharm).

2. Then, that was his 'brothers' account and he was accepted to PCOM and NSU BS/DO programs

3. Terrorizes everything with posts asking for MCAT material, average stats, match lists, etc (a lot of these threads had those weird one post users as well).

4. The final 'FPMom' post ... my guess is that we will never hear from futurepharm again either way.

-An IP address check would still be good though just to try to figure this out.

Dear pre-osteo and SDN,

I apologize, oh how I apologize for my son's behavior on these boards. Every couple of weeks I find where his schizophrenia meds were stashed instead of consumed, and then I find a long list of his detritus in my web browser history. SDN is the least offensive site he visits, but his inquiries here are still very embarrassing. You should see what he posts on conspiracy theorist, alien visitation, and vaccinations-tied-to-autism sites.

FuturePharm21 is a 47 year old, unemployable, very mentally ill man, who has never lived away from home, nor will he ever do so, because he keeps getting kicked out of institutions for rubbing up against the nurses. When he is on his meds, he is more than happy to watch TV all day. He particularly loves the View, and had very strong opinions about Rosie's arrival and departure.

Again, I apologize that he continues to post here. When and if it happens again, I hope you will view it as I do, a lapse in his mother's ability to cope with his exhausting care (and continuation of her utter resentment of his existence).

Best wishes,
FuturePharm21's mother (pity me)

Dude that just isnt cool.

I think you are absolutely right.

ok this is the last time I will be posting anything on SDN because instead of helping people, this forum is just about sarcastic people posting rude answers, I don't know why you all forgot basic human courtesy, if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all and ignore the post, why do you keep on posting stupid, pointless answers trying to teach a lesson, when I can careless what you think unless its helpful...and I can't believe people are like "stalking" my posts trying to find out my identity, that's really stupid and you must have a lot of time on your hands to waste time looking up info on me...why do you care? don't you have other things to do? And do you seriously think I care that you think I'm annoying?? that's life, deal with it.

and to FP21's mom's post....that's just sad...I'm overjoyed that your using your creative thoughts to make up nonsense posts that are kind of rude and insensitive towards the medical field especially to people with schizophrenia...you will be a great, helpful, and friendly doctor someday:)

Thanks to SDN and those that actually have answered my questions, and the sarcastic people need to think before they post...because sarcasm isn't going to help anyone.

On a final note, I know the Lowest MCAT thread question is not the right mentality and attitude, and maybe I shouldn't have posted that question, but it's still a VALID question on a Pre-osteo help site...

anyways, farewell

Good luck with your undergraduate career. Remember all of the advice that was given to you.

He'll be back. He's got the bug.

He'll be back. He's got the bug.

I hate the bug, It sucks you in and sucks the life completely out of you. UGH!

The light its so bright...(ZAP!)

What does the H stand for? I never did pay much attention in Sunday school.

Yo JasonUD, nice to see a fellow Blue Hen on this forum. GO BLUE HENS! I'm mosdef coming back to UD when I get a chance to pick up pre-med girls with the line "I'm a med student." hahahahahaha

IM BAAAAAAAAAAACCCCKKKKKKKKKK.....and look forward to more questions from the mysterious FuturePharm21--->pharmacist/DO?????????

muahhhhhhhhhhhaahahaha LOL =)

Tony-COM school has a pretty low average MCAT for their incoming class. I heard this year the average was a 3. All you need is 50k a year to become a medical student. apply quickly!!

For all the threads that are closed really quickly, I'm surprised this one hasn't been closed yet.

Also, IP checks are kind of worthless. It isn't that hard to alter that if you want. I mean, beyond his realm of knowledge probably but not mine.

I feel very violent lately. I wish I could get by beating the crap out of an annoying person without the assault charges. I think this thread isn't helping things...or futurepharm at least.

IM BAAAAAAAAAAACCCCKKKKKKKKKK.....and look forward to more questions from the mysterious FuturePharm21--->pharmacist/DO?????????
--> douchebag. I hope you get banned for all this crap. You're a total and complete loser.

You are way too scared of the MCAT, without actually having any idea about what is on it. It isn't that terrible. If you are as compulsive about studying for it as you are about asking questions about it, you'll probably get a 40.

He should be able to get a 50. You know, he'd finish early and decide there needed to be more Qs, and so write those and then have the urge to answer them, correctly.

Just close this thread. It offers nothing but slander and slamming of Futurepharm. No matter how warranted, it provides a false sense of worth to student actually looking to benefit from threads like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.