DO Secondaries Deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Clmed162

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I know that for MD schools, secondaries are recommended to be returned wtihin 2 weeks. I received a secondary from a DO school and in it, they recommend returning theirs within 1 week. If I return it past that, would it reflect on me badly? Also, does this 1 week secondary deadline usually apply to all DO schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all! I know that for MD schools, secondaries are recommended to be returned wtihin 2 weeks. I received a secondary from a DO school and in it, they recommend returning theirs within 1 week. If I return it past that, would it reflect on me badly? Also, does this 1 week secondary deadline usually apply to all DO schools?
I would just return them within reason for most schools. I wouldn't say majority have a deadline for them.

I would just return them within reason for most schools. I wouldn't say majority have a deadline for them.
Thank you for your advice! If that specific school recommended returning it within a week, would returning it within the traditional 2 weeks be fine?

Thank you for your advice! If that specific school recommended returning it within a week, would returning it within the traditional 2 weeks be fine?
If they recommend returning it within a week then definitely try to do that but if you miss it by a day or two, they won't throw out your application or anything.