Do secondaries really matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Creightonite

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looked them and just feels like it is all BS. I do not really think they care what you are, just want to make sure you write something legible to read.

Members don't see this ad.

everything matters, don't give adcoms a reason not to accept you

Good Luck

P.S. I applied twice before getting accepted, I believe that along with making myself a more competative applicant, being more careful with secondaries and my PS as well as applying earlier helped me get in the 2nd time around.

Creightonite said:
Looked them and just feels like it is all BS. I do not really think they care what you are, just want to make sure you write something legible to read.

They matter. Most definitely. You should take seriously all aspects of the application process.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have to admit I know what you mean. I was just working on one and writing out these well thought out, deep responses, and then realized they had a character limit of 200 per response. I wouldn't go so far as to say that they're not important, but I would say that they don't require as much substance as you might think ;)

LifetimeDoc said:
Nice Guy Response: Yes, they do matter.
Gunner Response: Nahh, blow them off.

:D

if your applying to CAlIFORNIA schools: then NO, just write whatever, dont matter

if your applying to other states: then sure write good responses :idea: