DO Secondary Application Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enemi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have submitted my primary application to several DO school back in September, but have not yet received my secondary applications.

1. How long is the typical wait time between submitting a primary application and receiving a secondary application? (I assume secondary applications are received via email notification just like it is the case for the MD route, correct?)

2. Also, is a DO LOR required for application?

I appreciate all of your help and immediate response.

:)

Members don't see this ad.

1. It took my application 6 weeks from the time I submitted it to become verified by AACOMAS. Upon verification I received secondaries within days. Hope that helps.

2. DO LORs are required by most. One site required a letter from an MD or DO (can't remember who though)

Hope that helps!

I have submitted my primary application to several DO school back in September, but have not yet received my secondary applications.

1. How long is the typical wait time between submitting a primary application and receiving a secondary application? (I assume secondary applications are received via email notification just like it is the case for the MD route, correct?)

2. Also, is a DO LOR required for application?

I appreciate all of your help and immediate response.

:)

1) http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=8760809#post8760809 <---Check out that thread to see exactly how long everyone else is taking to be verified. You will begin receiving secondaries within a few days to weeks after your AACOMAS is released (usually a few days after it's verified). And yes, secondary invitations come via email.

2) Most schools will want at least a physician LOR, but it would be best if you get a DO letter. There are some schools that don't need a physician letter at all.

One site required a letter from an MD or DO (can't remember who though)

Nova is one school that just needs a physician letter, not necessarily from a DO