Quantcast

DO Secondary Application Questions

BeMo Free Repeat™ On Us + 5 Med School Challenge
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enemi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have submitted my primary application to several DO school back in September, but have not yet received my secondary applications.

1. How long is the typical wait time between submitting a primary application and receiving a secondary application? (I assume secondary applications are received via email notification just like it is the case for the MD route, correct?)

2. Also, is a DO LOR required for application?

I appreciate all of your help and immediate response.

:)

RWLMUOSU

MS1
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. It took my application 6 weeks from the time I submitted it to become verified by AACOMAS. Upon verification I received secondaries within days. Hope that helps.

2. DO LORs are required by most. One site required a letter from an MD or DO (can't remember who though)

Hope that helps!

spence

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have submitted my primary application to several DO school back in September, but have not yet received my secondary applications.

1. How long is the typical wait time between submitting a primary application and receiving a secondary application? (I assume secondary applications are received via email notification just like it is the case for the MD route, correct?)

2. Also, is a DO LOR required for application?

I appreciate all of your help and immediate response.

:)

1) http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=8760809#post8760809 <---Check out that thread to see exactly how long everyone else is taking to be verified. You will begin receiving secondaries within a few days to weeks after your AACOMAS is released (usually a few days after it's verified). And yes, secondary invitations come via email.

2) Most schools will want at least a physician LOR, but it would be best if you get a DO letter. There are some schools that don't need a physician letter at all.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.