DO shadowing in Socal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

the phil

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering if any of you know of DOs in Southern California who are student friendly for shadowing or are willing to write letters of recs. I have been looking through the yellow pages and the AOA directory but it's like finding a needle in a haystack. Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

the phil said:
Hi I was wondering if any of you know of DOs in Southern California who are student friendly for shadowing or are willing to write letters of recs. I have been looking through the yellow pages and the AOA directory but it's like finding a needle in a haystack. Thanks a lot.

If you find a way, PLEASE let me know:)

Members don't see this ad :)
The sources used above are great sources! Other than that, just google Osteopathic Los Angeles or whatever city you are in. From what I've seen, there are plenty of DOs in SoCal.

here's what I did at the beginning of july...i'm in San Diego.

I went to the aoa directory for CA. Picked five DOs in the field I'm interested in who lives in the vicinity. Drafted five letters stating that I'm interested in osteopathy, would love to meet with them, and also need a letter of rec. Would it be possible to meet with them. Provided my contact info. and so far 3/5 responded. I've talked to two so far, very helpful feedback and both agreed to write me a letter. Thus, if they want to help you, they'll respond.

Good-luck!

Peace&Health said:
here's what I did at the beginning of july...i'm in San Diego.

I went to the aoa directory for CA. Picked five DOs in the field I'm interested in who lives in the vicinity. Drafted five letters stating that I'm interested in osteopathy, would love to meet with them, and also need a letter of rec. Would it be possible to meet with them. Provided my contact info. and so far 3/5 responded. I've talked to two so far, very helpful feedback and both agreed to write me a letter. Thus, if they want to help you, they'll respond.

Good-luck!
what did u say in your letter? Was it like a cover letter or more like your personal statement?