1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

DO Shadowing/LOR

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by rasajdak, May 1, 2007.

1. rasajdak

10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Does it matter if the DO that you are shadowing is still in residency?

I only ask because UB Medical School has quite a few DOs in their EM program ~10.

Also, do you think as residents they would be too busy/occupied to allow someone to shadow or write a LOR for them?

As always, any/all advice is appreciated.

Sajdak

2. spicedmanna

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I'm having a deja vu experience. Wasn't there a thread on this exact same subject/theme just a week ago, or something? OP, if you look at the past few pages, you are sure to come across it. Basically, what I took from it was that it is a good idea to shadow residents, since it is a valuable experience, but if you can, you would ideally get your LOR from an attending physician, not a resident. It's not hard to get a letter from an attending, with some persistence, so there really isn't any compelling reason not to.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...