Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

DO shadowing Philadelphia

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by PipiChen, Dec 15, 2008.

1. PipiChen

PipiChen Matan, Plushies, and Pamo
    5+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Hi if you know any DO in Philadelphia Center City area willing to have students shadowing him or her. Please pm me the details. thanks for your help!:love:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. RySerr21

RySerr21 i aint kinda hot Im sauna
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I dunno where philadelphia center city is, or if any of these physicians are in it, but below is a LONG list of DOs in Philly who have already agreed to let students shadow them. All you have to do is click which ones you want to contact (i suggest quite a few to ensure that you get a response). Here is the key that explains which specialties the abbreviations stand for.

EDIT: the link for some reason isn't working. But all you have to do is go to this website and search by City and State. Leave all other categories blank or else it will limit the number of matches you get.

#2 RySerr21, Dec 15, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  4. NPEMTIV

NPEMTIV Accidentally Accepted
    Moderator Emeritus SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Try http://www.poma.com/. See if they have any resources. Also check with your Pre-Med club on campus. Sometimes they will have lists.

5. udsoccer7

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Or try calling PCOM, I'd guess they would have a few resources available.

6. Bleurberry

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    :idea: :laugh:

7. wolfnscale

Pre-Medical
    Does anyone know what happened to this link/website? It requires a login now. Any ideas?

8. monty522

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    PCOM is super knowledgeable on this. They tried hooking me up with somebody during my interview lol.

9. THaramura

Pre-Health (Field Undecided), Medical Student
    So they tried to get you connections when you already applied?

10. wolfnscale

Pre-Medical
    @monty522 Do you mean when you were in the process on applying? o_O Why would they recommend more shadowing post-interview? Lol! That's a hoot though!

Does anyone know if we are talking about PCOM the school or PCOM's clinics for shadowing? I'm in the Philly area, trying to find someone to shadow. :O It's my first time shadowing so I want to reach out to a list of DOs and MDs who hopefully are likely to respond positively to my request. :D

11. monty522

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Nah ya'll took this weird. I was in my interview and they told me about some resource through the osteopath people about finding a DO. I am assuming they wanted me to try cold calling. Good luck. Don't @ me bro.

12. workaholic181

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    There are tons of DOs in philly so finding one shouldn't be too difficult.. I got great shadowing experiences by first volunteering then asking my volunteer coordinator if they could let a DO know I'm interested.

The cold calls and emails can be tough but in my experience DOs are pretty cool about shadowing and want to show people what they're all about, so just go for it!