• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

PipiChen

Matan, Plushies, and Pamo
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 14, 2008
PA
Status
Non-Student
Hi if you know any DO in Philadelphia Center City area willing to have students shadowing him or her. Please pm me the details. thanks for your help!:love:

RySerr21

i aint kinda hot Im sauna
10+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2007
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I dunno where philadelphia center city is, or if any of these physicians are in it, but below is a LONG list of DOs in Philly who have already agreed to let students shadow them. All you have to do is click which ones you want to contact (i suggest quite a few to ensure that you get a response). Here is the key that explains which specialties the abbreviations stand for.

EDIT: the link for some reason isn't working. But all you have to do is go to this website and search by City and State. Leave all other categories blank or else it will limit the number of matches you get.

Last edited:

NPEMTIV

Accidentally Accepted
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2004
South Carolina
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Hi if you know any DO in Philadelphia Center City area willing to have students shadowing him or her. Please pm me the details. thanks for your help!:love:
Try http://www.poma.com/. See if they have any resources. Also check with your Pre-Med club on campus. Sometimes they will have lists.

About the Ads

udsoccer7

10+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Or try calling PCOM, I'd guess they would have a few resources available.

Bleurberry

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2007
Status
Medical Student

wolfnscale

2+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Does anyone know what happened to this link/website? It requires a login now. Any ideas?

monty522

2+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
PCOM is super knowledgeable on this. They tried hooking me up with somebody during my interview lol.

wolfnscale

2+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
@monty522 Do you mean when you were in the process on applying? o_O Why would they recommend more shadowing post-interview? Lol! That's a hoot though!

Does anyone know if we are talking about PCOM the school or PCOM's clinics for shadowing? I'm in the Philly area, trying to find someone to shadow. :O It's my first time shadowing so I want to reach out to a list of DOs and MDs who hopefully are likely to respond positively to my request. :D

monty522

2+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Nah ya'll took this weird. I was in my interview and they told me about some resource through the osteopath people about finding a DO. I am assuming they wanted me to try cold calling. Good luck. Don't @ me bro.

workaholic181

2+ Year Member
May 29, 2017
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
There are tons of DOs in philly so finding one shouldn't be too difficult.. I got great shadowing experiences by first volunteering then asking my volunteer coordinator if they could let a DO know I'm interested.

The cold calls and emails can be tough but in my experience DOs are pretty cool about shadowing and want to show people what they're all about, so just go for it!

About the Ads