Do SMP or Post Bacs REQUIRE interviews?

Started by fuyulee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fuyulee

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've doing some initial research on SMPs and some Post-bacc but I still can't figure out if they require interview for these types of programs.

I'm currently abroad in Africa and have quite a difficult time going back to the US for interviews.

Thanks for the help!
 
Generally not. The admissions web page will usually indicate if an interview is required.
 
A lot of the formal, structured post-baccs (like Scripps, Goucher, Bryn Mawr, Hopkins, UPenn) do require interviews. However, I also just successfully completed the entire application process, including the interviews, from halfway across the world (Asia) and received the acceptance offers I wanted, so it's definitely not a problem.

You can interview over the phone or via Skype if you can't do it in person (and not even everyone in the US has the ability to drive/fly down to wherever). No worries!

Not sure about SMPs though.
 
Last edited:
So far I've noticed that NYMC's AMP requires interview, but one can do it by phone.

A few other post bacs such as USC seem to require it too. What about programs such as Georgetown or BU-MAMS?