DO Step 2 timing...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diagonal

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any disadvantage in taking COMLEX 2 early September when applying for MD residencies?

I'm an average applicant and haven't taken the USMLE.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering this also but on the MD side of things and taking Step 2 in September. I'm mostly worried that I'll have to wait for that score to come in before I get offered interviews and have to sweat a bit. Anyone have experience with what percentage of programs will wait for Step 2 scores before giving interview?

I was wondering this also but on the MD side of things and taking Step 2 in September. I'm mostly worried that I'll have to wait for that score to come in before I get offered interviews and have to sweat a bit. Anyone have experience with what percentage of programs will wait for Step 2 scores before giving interview?

For MDs I don't think it's an issue at all. Especially in psych. I'm just concerned that it may be different for DOs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any disadvantage in taking COMLEX 2 early September when applying for MD residencies?

I'm an average applicant and haven't taken the USMLE.

No. I took it early and had a number of PD's comment on it. They liked it. Just don't bomb it. I only had COMLEX scores, btw.

Any other insight?

Bueller?

Any other insight?

Bueller?

I think it helps to take it early, in that it is more information that programs will have on you as an applicant. It is particularly helpful if you do exceptionally well, as it might be something that allows you to stand out in a sea of applicants. It is marginally helpful if you do average (cause at least they know you passed it and they don't have to worry about that). And very much unhelpful if you bomb it.

All these things you probably new, so I guess to sum things up, take it early unless you feel you are going to do poorly.