DO Student interested in Neuro...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PercutaneousKnowledge

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm am a DO student, interested in neuro. Received a score in the 220s step I and looking to match allopathic. I would like to do research, however, like many DO schools, there are not many research opportunities available for me at my home site.

1) What are my chances of matching into a program on the west coast? If low, how about the midwest aka northwestern/ohio state.

2) How can I be involved in research if not at my home institution?

3) Could an attending describe a typical day in neurology? Also, I am interested in stroke - what would a neurologist trained in stroke/vascular fellowship do in a typical day/week?

4) Would appreciate any feedback and information - thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about the west coast, but midwest programs tend to be DO friendly. DO residents are my program have been strong.

I got a great training at Ohio State (I'm an MD) and they always had several DOs, some of which were/are currently their best residents. I'd give them a look. It's a rigorous program though but I came out well-prepared.

Doublebuckeye, I PM'd you