DO student interested in psychiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

harryd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances for a ACGME residency with USMLE step 1 205 and COMLEX of 500?

Members don't see this ad.

Is usmle really that much harder than the complex?

Is usmle really that much harder than the complex?
I thought the USMLE was actually easier than the COMLEX. They aren't on the same "scale." the COMLEX this year had a mean of 500 w/ a SD of 81. The USMLE had a mean of 227 w/ a SD of 22. Sorry Harrvd I dont have an answer for you but I felt the need to reply to EMDO2018

Members don't see this ad :)
What are my chances for a ACGME residency with USMLE step 1 205 and COMLEX of 500?

I have similar stats and have received 13 ACGME interview offers. Obviously, I haven't been through the match yet but I'm confident that the statistics are in my favor. If you want details on exact scores/interview invites feel free to PM me.

Those are ok scores. So if there are no red flags in your application, then I would think that you would Match somewhere. However, if you have not applied to programs yet, you could have some problems because of the lateness.

Step 1 USMLE/COMLEX: 233/649
A few related extracurriculars including behavioral neuroscience research and homeless outreach.

I'm interested in a mid-to high tier ACGME program. Anyone know which ones are DO friendly?

Also, is it a must to audition? My current 4th year schedule wastes all my electives and my school doesn't let us switch sequences. I'm a 3rd year student.

Last edited: