DO Student with great Step 1 score, should I take Step 2?

Started by Gourd
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Gourd

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a great Step 1 score (249) and based on practice exams I don't think I can score higher than that on Step 2. So if I have Step 1, Level 1, Level 2 but not Step 2 does that come off as a red flag in the eyes of program directors? Any insight is appreciated!
 
While there are a few programs that don't consider DOs, there are also a few who require step I and II. It is an answer on the FRIEDA questionnaire we fill out every July. You can probably go to FRIEDA and see which programs say this and see if you care. This will be the last year we have this discussion because once step I is pass fail, it will all be about step II. There are only a few was to change things, but the game will find a way to resist change. At the end of the day, the job is to judge and order applicants no mater how much it shouldn't be. Some programs can view applicants more holistically than others, but we are all given the same data as each other and what is and isn't included in the data doesn't change the task as set up by the match.