Do the schools know?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

husky10501

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Do the schools know how many you're currently applying to or which ones you're applying to? I've heard a lot of different answers.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
isnt there a date when the schools find out what other schools you applied/accepted to?

I thought it was May 15th.

No - may 15 is when you have to only be holding one acceptance. So obviously the one school you have kept knows where your acceptance is. March is when schools know where else you are accepted. I believe.

I thought May 15 was the day you can only hold one acceptance because your acceptances are released to the other schools, so they would find out. :confused:

I was told by the director of admissions at a medical school that it went like this:

When you apply, they don't know where else you are applying to, or have been accepted to.

Once that school accepts you, and only once they accept you they get access to the list of other schools that you have been ACCEPTED to. I think this helps them in deciding scholarship information or something.

I dont think they ever get to see where else you applied.

but then, I could be totally wrong. SDN is all hearsay, haha

When I interviewed at Cincy the admissions guy said that schools see a list of all the schools you have been accepted to (not applied to) on march 15th. You have to decide on one by May 15th (excluding waitlist schools).

On a similar note, do schools know if you have applied to both MD and DO schools? I'm just curious, and obviously if asked at an interview if I had applied to both, I would tell the truth.

On a similar note, do schools know if you have applied to both MD and DO schools? I'm just curious, and obviously if asked at an interview if I had applied to both, I would tell the truth.

I'd guess it is through AMCAS so probably only MD. Just a guess.