husky10501

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hey guys,

Do the schools know how many you're currently applying to or which ones you're applying to? I've heard a lot of different answers.

About the Ads

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I thought it was May 15th.

No - may 15 is when you have to only be holding one acceptance. So obviously the one school you have kept knows where your acceptance is. March is when schools know where else you are accepted. I believe.

Decicco

10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2007
MN
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
No - may 15 is when you have to only be holding one acceptance. So obviously the one school you have kept knows where your acceptance is. March is when schools know where else you are accepted. I believe.

I thought May 15 was the day you can only hold one acceptance because your acceptances are released to the other schools, so they would find out. :confused:

PandaBrewMaster

w00tcakes
10+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2008
MA
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I was told by the director of admissions at a medical school that it went like this:

When you apply, they don't know where else you are applying to, or have been accepted to.

Once that school accepts you, and only once they accept you they get access to the list of other schools that you have been ACCEPTED to. I think this helps them in deciding scholarship information or something.

I dont think they ever get to see where else you applied.

but then, I could be totally wrong. SDN is all hearsay, haha

NTF

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Jul 1, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
When I interviewed at Cincy the admissions guy said that schools see a list of all the schools you have been accepted to (not applied to) on march 15th. You have to decide on one by May 15th (excluding waitlist schools).

brianjg

10+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
On a similar note, do schools know if you have applied to both MD and DO schools? I'm just curious, and obviously if asked at an interview if I had applied to both, I would tell the truth.

MrAgreeable

10+ Year Member
Oct 24, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
On a similar note, do schools know if you have applied to both MD and DO schools? I'm just curious, and obviously if asked at an interview if I had applied to both, I would tell the truth.

I'd guess it is through AMCAS so probably only MD. Just a guess.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.