Do these classes count towards my science GPA??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SmileForMiles

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone!

kind of new to this, only my 2nd post but...

I am a dental hygiene major and I was wondering if my dental hygiene classes count towards my science GPA??

I have looked through quite a lot of forums, and I have seen both arguments to that. I have read that it DOES NOT count, and I have read it DOES count. So right now I am a little confused. If I can find the forums I will be sure to post them up to show ya'll.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If anyone can answer the above question it would be much appreciated, thanks! =).

Also, I have read some forums about psychology classes were counted and/or not counted towards your science gpa. So I was wondering if psychology classes were or were not?

Thanks again!

I am not sure about dental hygiene classes. If you go to AADSAS, I beleive it has list of classes that count toward science GPA. You can also call them and ask.

Members don't see this ad :)
This might help you. From AADSAS website: http://bit.ly/967YDX
------------------------------
"Occasionally, applicants have questions about whether they should count a particular course as a BCP or Other Science course, even though it is not taught in a BCP or Other Science department. For example:
  • A student may take an upper-level psychology course such as "The Physiology of the Brain" that is heavily based in the biological sciences; that course can be counted as a BCP course, even though it was offered through the Department of Psychology, a "Non Science" department.
  • An engineering student took Chemistry for Engineers. This course can be considered a BCP course, even though it was offered through the College of Engineering, an "Other Science" department.
  • A dental hygiene student took these two courses:
    • Principles of Pathology, a course offered through the Department of Dental Hygiene. This course can be considered a BCP course, even though it was offered through Dental Hygiene, an "Other Science" department.
    • Treating Pediatric Patients, another Dental Hygiene course would be considered an "Other Science" course because its focus is primarily clinical.
------------------------

What about nutrition, oceanography?