Do they tell u why u get rejected?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joonkimdds

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if admissions tell you why you get rejected such as low DAT, low GPA, not much volunteering experience, bad interview...etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering if admissions tell you why you get rejected such as low DAT, low GPA, not much volunteering experience, bad interview...etc.

I just came on to ask the same thing! I got rejected by 3 schools just this past week and I'm wondering if I should call them and ask why?:confused:

Call and ask, if they are not too busy they may tell you. Some are really helpful others are tight lipped really depends on the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely call them and ask. But sometimes the answer are obvious and the usual answer is "Its very competitive out there". For me, I ask starting from GPA, DAT, interview, experience, pre-requisites and community service.

i would say call and ask nicely. if you didn't get in anywhere else you can ask on the lines of 'i would really like to attend **** school and am planning to apply next year. how can i improve my application?'

For me, I emailed a couple of schools and got some responses. :thumbup:

I thought there are no specific reasons for rejection?

told me the reason why I was rejected.

Think in this way~

They just don't like you! :laugh:

Small seat + A lot of qualified students + We look all aspects of applicants.......

In my case, I think some schools really like my extracurricular activities, whereas other schools don't like mine.
During your interview, you should let them know more about yourself. Just ok interview is highly not likely to be enough!

I thought there are no specific reasons for rejection?

But they may point out areas where you really should improve for next cycle. Such as your DAT score was low compared to our other applicants so think about retaking it, or the committee is unsure of how you can handle advanced science classes you may want to take such and such class to sway their opinion.