do they use all grades to calculate gpa

Started by mudiwa
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mudiwa

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hie guys i just wanted to know, do the optometry schools include w's in calculating gpa. i think they include all repaeted classes too but i am not sure if someone can answer that i would really appreciate it.
 
mudiwa said:
hie guys i just wanted to know, do the optometry schools include w's in calculating gpa. i think they include all repaeted classes too but i am not sure if someone can answer that i would really appreciate it.

What are W's??? I know optometry schools include community GPAs, but other than that and your university's GPAs, what other scores are there?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mudiwa said:
hie guys i just wanted to know, do the optometry schools include w's in calculating gpa. i think they include all repaeted classes too but i am not sure if someone can answer that i would really appreciate it.

A W is a withdraw, which just means you pulled out from the course without fineshing the class or getting a grade. I recieved a W in orgo 2 and retook it again. None of the schools asked me about it.

Since it's not an actual grade, I'm pretty sure they don't incorporate it into the GPA calculation. When I completed the online app. for UCB, there was a section where I filled in my own grades and courses. The system then calculated your pre-req GPA for you. They didn't include the W.

Ning-Ju
 
Ning said:
A W is a withdraw, which just means you pulled out from the course without fineshing the class or getting a grade. I recieved a W in orgo 2 and retook it again. None of the schools asked me about it.

Since it's not an actual grade, I'm pretty sure they don't incorporate it into the GPA calculation. When I completed the online app. for UCB, there was a section where I filled in my own grades and courses. The system then calculated your pre-req GPA for you. They didn't include the W.

Ning-Ju

thanks a lot 👍