do they use all grades to calculate gpa

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mudiwa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hie guys i just wanted to know, do the optometry schools include w's in calculating gpa. i think they include all repaeted classes too but i am not sure if someone can answer that i would really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

mudiwa said:
hie guys i just wanted to know, do the optometry schools include w's in calculating gpa. i think they include all repaeted classes too but i am not sure if someone can answer that i would really appreciate it.

What are W's??? I know optometry schools include community GPAs, but other than that and your university's GPAs, what other scores are there?

Members don't see this ad :)
mudiwa said:

A W is a withdraw, which just means you pulled out from the course without fineshing the class or getting a grade. I recieved a W in orgo 2 and retook it again. None of the schools asked me about it.

Since it's not an actual grade, I'm pretty sure they don't incorporate it into the GPA calculation. When I completed the online app. for UCB, there was a section where I filled in my own grades and courses. The system then calculated your pre-req GPA for you. They didn't include the W.

Ning-Ju

Ning said:
A W is a withdraw, which just means you pulled out from the course without fineshing the class or getting a grade. I recieved a W in orgo 2 and retook it again. None of the schools asked me about it.

Since it's not an actual grade, I'm pretty sure they don't incorporate it into the GPA calculation. When I completed the online app. for UCB, there was a section where I filled in my own grades and courses. The system then calculated your pre-req GPA for you. They didn't include the W.

Ning-Ju

thanks a lot :thumbup:

mudiwa said:
thanks a lot :thumbup:

Med schools will look at W's but it will be ok if you have W's when applying to opt school.