Do transcripts carry over to the next application cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MichaelRW

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys n gals,

I recently sent in my community college transcript (which is final since I already earned an AA from them) and AMCAS has sent me notification informing me that it has been processed. A few weeks ago I started filling out the 2011 application, then realized that the application i want doesn't open up until May and is the 2012 app. However, AMCAS thinks that the transcript that I sent them over the break is for the current cycle. When the new application opens, will I be able to use the same transcript (since it is final and won't be amended), or am I going to have to order a brand new one?

Members don't see this ad.

You'll need a new one. They have to be sure you didn't take any additional coursework. Also, the AMCAS help guide has everything you'll ever need to know. It's in the application menu. Probably on the website, too.

Hey guys n gals,

I recently sent in my community college transcript (which is final since I already earned an AA from them) and AMCAS has sent me notification informing me that it has been processed. A few weeks ago I started filling out the 2011 application, then realized that the application i want doesn't open up until May and is the 2012 app. However, AMCAS thinks that the transcript that I sent them over the break is for the current cycle. When the new application opens, will I be able to use the same transcript (since it is final and won't be amended), or am I going to have to order a brand new one?

Call AMCAS. It will take a few seconds to clear up.

You probably will have to resubmit in May, when the app opens again.

You'll need a new one. They have to be sure you didn't take any additional coursework. Also, the AMCAS help guide has everything you'll ever need to know. It's in the application menu. Probably on the website, too.

Call AMCAS. It will take a few seconds to clear up.

You probably will have to resubmit in May, when the app opens again.

thanks guys. didnt know that their 800 number was so effective, even providing real people and not just automated crap. i will have to resubmit though... oh well. thanks again