DO wanting Chicago

Started by PapaStill
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PapaStill

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello!

I'm a DO at a program in the southeast and just found out I got a 233 on Step 1. I'm originally from the Midwest and would like to pursue a residency spot in Chicago. What programs, if any, would I have a shot at in the area?

Thanks a lot
 
Hello!

I'm a DO at a program in the southeast and just found out I got a 233 on Step 1. I'm originally from the Midwest and would like to pursue a residency spot in Chicago. What programs, if any, would I have a shot at in the area?

Thanks a lot

Cook County probably best bet
Could try your hand at Rush, UIC or Loyola
Unlikely Northwestern or UofC
 
Agreed Cook, Rush, UIC, Loyola are good options. I would add Illinois Masonic to the list as well. Even U of C has a handful of DOs, but likely with much higher steps than you (no offense).

If Northwestern and U of C are the only doors I've closed then I'm certainly one happy DO
 
Honestly, dont close any doors. Both are amazing program, esp NW. Michigan avenue is a great place to live. You never know. Although i’m not DO, but my step was in the low 220s and I interviewed at both. You are already ahead than me from when i was applying.