Do we hear back from individual vet schools simply through email?

Started by nbdaum
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nbdaum

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!

I applied to vet schools and I’m sure everyone is in the same boat waiting. I’m most anxious about Illinois, do we hear back simply through our emails?? Sending in applications back in August seems like forever ago and I just want to know something. I also want to make sure I haven’t missed anything.
 
Hey everyone!

I applied to vet schools and I’m sure everyone is in the same boat waiting. I’m most anxious about Illinois, do we hear back simply through our emails?? Sending in applications back in August seems like forever ago and I just want to know something. I also want to make sure I haven’t missed anything.
Most schools are through e-mail although some have a portal that you set up at time of application.
This is my second application cycle. Last year the first school I heard back from was around December 15th but most schools were later in January and February. If the school doesn’t do interviews, you might not hear anything until late February/march.
The wait is forever but everyone that applied is on the same boat so just try not to stress yourself out.