1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Do you get scratch paper during the MCAT?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by ejay286, Jun 5, 2008.

1. ejay286

ejay286 Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I'm sitting here taking these practice tests and noticing that I'm using quite a bit of scratch paper, do we get to use any on the actual tests?

2. rowerlauren

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    This question should be in the MCAT discussion section.

Short answer though is yes.

3. MilkmanAl

MilkmanAl Al the Ass Mod
    Physician 7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    It's not very useful, though. You might use it to write a physics formula or two, but that's about it.

4. justapremed

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    My test had a LOT of computational problems (PS) and confusing genetics problem (BS) that required lots of paper... for me at least. And yes, you can get a new "booklet" of scratch papers at the end of each section, as needed, during breaks!

5. TupacalipseT96

TupacalipseT96 R U Still Down?
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    They give you a test booklet to write in and a couple pencils. You can't use your own paper or pencils/pens.

I used mine for physics calculations, etc...and outlining my essay. So I used it quite a bit, though I didn't use Kaplan's silly mapping method.

6. Character

5+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    use it for your essay, wrote a few punch lines here and there. outline it. your set.

7. chad5871

Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    Thank you - I concur. Moving there now.

8. LikeClockWork

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    These would be good to get used to especially if this is how the test site does their scratch paper. The one I tested at used real paper and pencil though, so that's what I practiced with.

9. Raryn

Raryn Infernal Internist / Enigmatic Endocrinologist
    Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    The test site I was at gave us a booklet of blue scratch paper and two pencils. We could request a new booklet of scratch paper at any time.

Its useful for chem/physics and outlining your paper, though I dont think i used it much for bio...