Do you know?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deciding

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with either the Colorado or Indiana programs? I am trying to find out how competitive the programs are in terms of board scores and grades. I'm hoping a mid-220's score will be sufficient.

Also, what are you expected to know as a fourth year doing a rotation there?

Members don't see this ad.

deciding said:
Has anyone had experience with either the Colorado or Indiana programs? I am trying to find out how competitive the programs are in terms of board scores and grades. I'm hoping a mid-220's score will be sufficient.

Also, what are you expected to know as a fourth year doing a rotation there?

I know Denver is pretty much AOA 240+ type program and almost everybody who gets in rotates. At least the guy that matched in my school was. I think it may be the most or at least top 5 competitive programs in EM. Ive heard the student rotation is very popular and you can learn a lot with the opportunity to get a good letter.

I think Indiana is almost the same but not quite.

I'm an intern at Indiana. I rotated here as did a few others in my class, but it is in no way required to match. I honestly can't tell you a thing about our board scores, but everyone seems pretty bright and, more importantly, fun to be around.

As a student, you're expected to show up on time, be enthusiastic, proactive, teachable, etc. They don't expect more of a knowledge base than any of your other rotations.

Oh, and having rotated/matched here and interviewed at Denver, I can tell you that, in my opinion, the two programs are as different as they are similar (if that makes any sense).

Feel free to PM me with ?s.