Do you need to have a high grade in Anatomy?

Started by MedianMS1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MedianMS1

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From most of what I've gathered, your USMLE score seems to matter more than grades (as long as you've at least passed everything). However, for PM&R, is your first year Anatomy grade particularly important?
 
I can't speak specifically about the grades, but the knowledge is huge. I am biased, but I think PM+R is probably more dependent on a knowledge of anatomy than any other specialty. The amount of anatomy you need to know is tremendous- for MSK, SCI, TBI, electrodiagnosis, bladder managemnt, pelvic floor, etc. It's incredible.

So, learn as much as you can. That time will be well invested.
 
rehab_sports_dr said:
I can't speak specifically about the grades, but the knowledge is huge. I am biased, but I think PM+R is probably more dependent on a knowledge of anatomy than any other specialty. The amount of anatomy you need to know is tremendous- for MSK, SCI, TBI, electrodiagnosis, bladder managemnt, pelvic floor, etc. It's incredible.

So, learn as much as you can. That time will be well invested.

Thanks for the input. It's kind of what I was suspecting