Do you need to take lab with Biochemistry class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zed350

I want my superapple
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
..Please let me know..I do not wanna take 6 Hr lab with the class, If i dont have to. Thanks !:)

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools require that biochem lab be taken, but only if your undergraduate institution offers it. You should check with the med schools to which you are applying to see what their policy is. I know UF requires it as I described, but my undergrad institution does not offer it, so I'm off the hook.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I applied last year there wasn't a school on my list that required even the lecture. If you are applying this year, then check with the schools that you have applied to. If not, see if you can take the lab later (not concurrently with the class). At my undergrad it was possible to do this with the labs that were separate from the class, and if you find that you need it later then you could take it that year.

I heard it's required only for UF. You should check with med schools you plan to apply.

..Please let me know..I do not wanna take 6 Hr lab with the class, If i dont have to. Thanks !:)

Depends on where you are applying. Some schools require it, while others don't, and yet others don't require biochem in general.

Thanks for your Responses.

The reason i asked was that all the schools I know of do not "require" Biochem and even if they do they do not have a specific lab requirement.So i was wondering if i am missing any school that does "require" lab. UF is one,as I gather from above post, is anyone aware of any other school ?