Do you really have to wait 90 days to just APPLY for a retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Altimeter88

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
QUOTE FROM DAT EXAM GUIDE:
"Examinees are required to submit a new application and fee for each retest. An examinee must wait at least 90 days to be eligible to apply to retake the DAT."

This makes it pretty clear but I wanted to make sure. So you must wait 90 days before you can even submit an application to the ADA to retest?

I was hoping to register now with the ADA to retake, and then just choose a date with prometric that is at least 90 days out from my last DAT in Oct.

Anyone with experience that can answer this?

Members don't see this ad.

You can register for it before 90 days, but you can't schedule your actual test date and time until after the 90 day period. Someone correct me if I'm wrong... I'm pretty sure that's how it works though.

i thought you were able to actually make the appointment during the 90 days as long as the TEST date was 90 days out. As in you can call on day 50 to schedule a test on day 91 instead of having to call on day 91 to schedule for day 114...

You should prob email the ADA and ask to be 100% sure...it couldn't hurt

Members don't see this ad :)
I think I will just try and send in the application for the DAT and see what happens. That would suck if they took the $190 and then said I was SOL since it is non-refundable or something but I doubt it.

Oh, no they won't. They just won't send you the confirmation letter until you are allowed to schedule the test. I worried about that too. :D

You can apply now, but they will wait untill 90 day period ends. I was in the same situation. I was told that my application is accepted, but it is pending since 90 day is not over! Once 90 day period is over, they send the eligibility letter to you and you can register. Good luck!