You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Do you take WC referrals for injections?
Started by painquestions8989
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
the specialist for the specific problem would ideally comment on whether a worker has reached MMI because the designated doctor may not be able to tell that themselves. The percentage impairment is done in a separate paid evaluation and they should pay several hundreds for that report, it is NOT an office visit. In Texas you have to pass the certification course to give an impairment rating and I charge $650 for impairment ratings
I just do the requested injections. Got harassed a little for referring one to PT when I was not the “treating physician” and was just supposed to be the shot monkey. In our state, it really isn’t worth it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I take WC. I dont assess disability status. I only treat the pain - do the ESI, send them to PCP for disability evaluation.
Our WC/DOL pays about 25-40% more than medicare rates.
Our WC/DOL pays about 25-40% more than medicare rates.
Why does anyone fill them out?
I don’t recommend anesthesia-based pain docs get involved in declaring permanent disability unless it’s patently obviousHow much you guys charge for permanent disability form?
In Wisconsin that price is capped at $100 !
We accept WC referrals for our pain management program, which often including injections.
We don't participate in routine MMI, back-to-work status evaluation, or other WC paperwork.
My goal is to reduce the pain portion of their functional status. If I truly feel disability is necessary, I don't mind recommending it. I haven't felt that way so far.
We don't participate in routine MMI, back-to-work status evaluation, or other WC paperwork.
My goal is to reduce the pain portion of their functional status. If I truly feel disability is necessary, I don't mind recommending it. I haven't felt that way so far.
Do your local PCPs actually do those?I take WC. I dont assess disability status. I only treat the pain - do the ESI, send them to PCP for disability evaluation.
Our WC/DOL pays about 25-40% more than medicare rates.
Dont know. All I know is I dont do them.Do your local PCPs actually do those?
This is the correct answer. Also would have accepted i don’t careDont know. All I know is I dont do them.
i typed that first, but rephrased it to avoid the professionalism policeThis is the correct answer. Also would have accepted i don’t care
We accept WC referrals for our pain management program, which often including injections.
We don't participate in routine MMI, back-to-work status evaluation, or other WC paperwork.
This is the way. Assuming your group and management is in agreement. Note that in order to fully participate in WC, you typically have to get paneled in your state for WC. Some states are 'full' or not accepting new WC physicians. IF you can take referrals like this while not being WC paneled, that is optimal in my experience.
This is the correct answer. Also would have accepted i don’t care
Both are fair takes.Dont know. All I know is I dont do them.
I will say that in my experience very few of us do them, but worst case is they make an appointment with us so we can say we don't do them either.
Best case in my book. Collect the 99204 and send your PCP a referral.Both are fair takes.
I will say that in my experience very few of us do them, but worst case is they make an appointment with us so we can say we don't do them either.
Jokes aside, the reason for the visit is asked by nearly all front desks, so that reason can get screened out pretty quickly.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Worth it in our state. E&m 2x medicare, procedures 3x -10x depending on procedure. More headache and paperwork but worth the investment (of time) in our neck of woods
Ugh. I wish. Pays barely above Medicare in PA.WC pays well. Just because they have an HNP doesn’t mean they’re disabled. It’s a 5-6% impairment rating. Now if it’s a life changing injury like a crush or amputation, then sure.
Worth it in our state. E&m 2x medicare, procedures 3x -10x depending on procedure. More headache and paperwork but worth the investment (of time) in our neck of woods
Depends on your state I guess.Ugh. I wish. Pays barely above Medicare in PA.
Pays worse than Medicare here
I tell them I am not a disability expert and they need a specialized eval by a physiatrist. I also tell them if I did it I would probably mess it up… that usually stops the conversation.
There are at least 2 books to give you impairment ratings for a work injury. Disability is another issue. And if the injury is catastrophic there’s a life plan process.I tell them I am not a disability expert and they need a specialized eval by a physiatrist. I also tell them if I did it I would probably mess it up… that usually stops the conversation.
Pays worse than Medicare here
Ugh. I wish. Pays barely above Medicare in PA.
I would never see WC if it didn’t pay at least 150% of Medicare.
200% of MC in some statesI would never see WC if it didn’t pay at least 150% of Medicare.
my state is over 200% of MC for facet procedures, 150% for ESI, not sure why.200% of MC in some states
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 19
- Views
- 2K