You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Do you think applying for a job online is a joke?
Started by 3boooda
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did anybody got hired after he/she applied online?
How else are you going to get hired? Do you expect to walk in to a big corp chain pharmacy or hospital and lay your resume in someones hands? I got my last two jobs by applying forbthem online.
I did.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anybody got hired after he/she applied online?
I did
Do you expect to walk in to a big corp chain pharmacy or hospital and lay your resume in someones hands?
Worked for me
Welcome to 1998.
This isn't a black and white question of online application.
We all know online application process is mandated by most employers today.
So the generic answer is yes.
But..
OPs question is more than that. Do you simply apply online and wait or do you first have a contact with the hiring manager before applying online.
I personally like for an applicant to call and talk to me first. Then i will instruct them to go online and go through the process.
That would increase your chance.
We all know online application process is mandated by most employers today.
So the generic answer is yes.
But..
OPs question is more than that. Do you simply apply online and wait or do you first have a contact with the hiring manager before applying online.
I personally like for an applicant to call and talk to me first. Then i will instruct them to go online and go through the process.
That would increase your chance.
Yes, but how is a mere mortal get in contact with a pharmacy God like Z?
Yes, but how is a mere mortal get in contact with a pharmacy God like Z?
1-800-come-caca
I would feel like no one is going to read it if I applied online until I talked to an actual person.
All this electronic stuff gets you screened too easily anyway.
Why do you think they ignore hundreds of job applications?
Well, absolutely. You need to make a professional attempt to stand out from the masses. Networking and connections make a big difference, even if that first conversation is an intro phone call. The OPs question asked if applying for a job online is a joke/ has anyone been hired after applying online. Of course people have, and thats just part of todays world.
My word of advice too is to listen and follow the hiring supervisors suggestions. Too often I get phone calls with, can I just mail you my resume/CV? I am having trouble filling out the online application; it locked me out. Good grief. If you cant fill out a simple online application, it doesnt bode well...
I used to work in HR. It depends how unique you are. If we're looking for someone with very specialized skills (example: knows how to use this super high tech instrument), more than likely either no one applies online or very few people apply, and they all get called. If we're looking for an entry-level lab tech position, we get 200+ resumes. Chances of being called back are slim. So unless your resume stands out compared to your competitors you're gonna need to network.
I applied online also for my job.
For a job in a desireable place to live you need connections and you need to apply online. For a job in a crappy place to live you can apply online and sit back.
I got an offer but it's located in El Paso TX. For a job in Atlanta...you better hope your daddy is the DOP.
I got an offer but it's located in El Paso TX. For a job in Atlanta...you better hope your daddy is the DOP.
Call you? Who are you? And how we can get your contact info.?This isn't a black and white question of online application.
We all know online application process is mandated by most employers today.
So the generic answer is yes.
But..
OPs question is more than that. Do you simply apply online and wait or do you first have a contact with the hiring manager before applying online.
I personally like for an applicant to call and talk to me first. Then i will instruct them to go online and go through the process.
That would increase your chance.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1-800-come-caca
I called and your Mom answered! That's messed up dude!
Yes. I applied for my hospital internship online, who latter offered a staffing position before graduation.
I also applied on USJobs.gov for various VA jobs during residency, and later my RPD told me that I was the first choice for a oncology position when I withdrew taking a private sector job stemming from my Linkedin account. So yeah it can happen, but being a part of the system or network is huge!
I also applied on USJobs.gov for various VA jobs during residency, and later my RPD told me that I was the first choice for a oncology position when I withdrew taking a private sector job stemming from my Linkedin account. So yeah it can happen, but being a part of the system or network is huge!
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 5K
- Replies
- 43
- Views
- 21K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 540
