Jul 23, 2009
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey guys,

I recently graduated from a ivy league school with a biochemistry degree (3.7GPA). I've taken the MCAT three times (25,25,and 27P). I have extraordinary letters of recommendation, several research projects, various shadowing experiences, and a pending publication. I also played varsity football for the first two years of college.

I have taken the MCAT three times as I mentioned above, and my final mcat breakdown was as follows:

PS - 11, BS - 10, V - 6 WS - P

I am also a Texas resident so some of the medical schools are a bit more lax about standards as compared to some states like California. I figure the low verbal score can be made up with my semi-high GPA and good science scores.

What are my chances of getting an interview? I applied last year with my MCAT score of 25, and I was wait-listed at two schools. I figure with a two point increase from the previous two MCAT scores, I may have a better shot of getting interviews. I am currently in the process of re-applying.

Can you guys provide some feedback? Much appreciated!!

About the Ads

Piston95

10+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2008
Status
  1. Medical Student
Seems like texas was pretty variable last year. I was a TX resident and had slightly better #s than you (3.8, 28) and didn't get in anywhere in state (got 3 interviews though). However, I've heard of people with worse numbers than you that got in. I would just apply and see what happens..you definitely have a shot, write a great PS and think of some creative stuff to say at interviews..also going to an ivy league won't hurt either.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads