Step I Do you think I can manage to score 230 on step 1?

Started by coolcat7
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

coolcat7

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here is my situation: I finished this in 4 weeks:
1st pass through FA, Pathoma and UW system wise(overall average 60%) and USMLE RX system wise 48% done ( overall average 66%). Took NBME 16 and scored 200.

Then 3 weeks break in step studying because of some personal situation. To check if I still remember stuff without any studying for 3 weeks, I took NBME 15 two weeks ago and scored only 194.

Reset UW two weeks ago and doing random/ untimed/ tutor mode 2 blocks/day, almost done with second pass of FA (still need to review Endo/ Repro) but have not touched Pathoma for second pass yet and USMLE RX is also only 48% done. My overall average for 2nd pass of UW is 71% so far (35% done). The lowest scores are in Histology (59%), Pathology(63%), Pathophysiology (63%) and Pharmacology (67%).

Planning to take another NBME in a week and then a few more in the coming weeks. Taking step 1 in 3 weeks. Do you think I can manage to get a score close to 230? I am really worried about Pathology, Pathophysiology and Pharmacology as the UW averages are not that good so far. I am a fast reader and am usually done with a block of questions with 10-15 minutes early. Please suggest what should I do to achieve my goal.

Thanks!
 
Last edited: