Do you think this is clinical depression?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

la petite mort

girl in a short coat
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm sorry for asking a question here that should obviously only be put to a physician that would see me in person, but the earliest appointment I could get is two weeks from now, I respect most of the regular posters in this subforum and I want to have an idea of what to expect and to possibly inform myself further before the appointment.

I have an inkling that I could have clinical depression - I went though a harrowing personal experience less than four months ago, which I thought I'd dealt with on my own adequately. I'm exhibiting two symptoms - inability to control negative thoughts and generally feeling sad and like I want to cry for no reason. I don't think I have anhedonia and there's no change in my eating habits or sleeping patterns (except for awful nightmares about three times a week that for some reason have to do with gross anatomy lab). I'm functional at home and school. This is the first time in my life I've felt the intensity of these feelings, I've never gone to a psychiatrist before. The general misery that I feel is what prompted me to make this thread, I'm generally a pretty happy person. I'm a 22-year-old female with a clean bill of health as of last month.

Thanks for any professional insight you can give me.

Members don't see this ad.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I've felt this way for a little under a month, maybe 3 weeks and a bit.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am sorry, l-p-m, but as this really comes across as asking personal medical advice, it just can't fly.

Do talk it over face to face with a health professional as soon as you can.

Take good care of yourself, and confide in a trusted friend in the meantime.

Wishing you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.