Do you use exam tables or stretchers in your office?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pastafan

Interventional Pain Physician
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am moving from hospital based where we always had nice Stryker stretchers to my own office. I'm trying to decide on used/refurb stretchers or some sort of exam table in my rooms.

The stretchers have the advantage of being height adjustable, able to transport patients to procedure room, and the side rails prevent an accidental/intentional fall and lawsuit. Exam tables such as Ritter fixed height are cheaper but less than ideal.

What are you guys using and what brand models do you recommend?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Clinton 1020 table. Nothing fancy and nothing more needed. Buy a step stool if needed. Transporting patients to procedure room? LOL. They have legs. They walk there. You are on your own now and control your overhead. Be cheap, but don't appear cheap.

I agree...the only way to be an independent is to not have the latest greatest anything. The mindset is far different from working in or for a hospital where you never know the cost of anything (nor really care).

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree...the only way to be an independent is to not have the latest greatest anything. The mindset is far different from working in or for a hospital where you never know the cost of anything (nor really care).

Definitely does change your perspective. Any purchase that does not generate revenue is painful and even those that do generate revenue like a fluoro unit are most painful. ;)

The Clinton bed appears to sell for around $400 while I can get a used stretcher for $600.
If only fluoroscopy tables were as cheap...

Definitely does change your perspective. Any purchase that does not generate revenue is painful and even those that do generate revenue like a fluoro unit are most painful. ;)

The Clinton bed appears to sell for around $400 while I can get a used stretcher for $600.
If only fluoroscopy tables were as cheap...

400 bucks new...with new vinyl and new paint and no odors, squeaks, or otherwise. just bought three. i can't imagine transporting someone in my office. invariably my walls would take a hit. buy a wheelchair to transport someone.

We have 2 stretchers and 3 stretcher-chairs in our office, but we do use sedation with our procedures....