Docs' perceptions of NP programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cfrimer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Please don't kill me or flame me, I know this forum is mainly for MD/DO/PAs and I know all about the great allnurses forum, but...

I am a potential NP student who has some questions for the professional clinicians of all types (MDs, nurse managers, etc).

I'm trying to decide which (direct-entry) NP program to attend and was wondering if it really matters to the people with whom I'll eventually be working; ie, as a doctor working with an NP, or as a manager in a hiring position, how important is the "name brand" of the NP program? Specifically, I'm thinking about Simmons, MGH Institute of Health Professions, and UMass Worcester (let's just pretend for a moment, for some extra fun, that I'll actually be accepted to all three!). I can't quite figure out how to best evaluate the relative merits of each.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Nobody really cares where you went to school...!!!!!

It's an interesting tidbit of info... for casual banter during the interview stage, but what they really wan't is someone who can function safely, professionally, and effectively as a "mid-level" provider.

The big question is... can you take care of patients without getting sued and make them money!

DocNusum