-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
doctor personalities
Started by drboris
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
No no...surgeons are like broccoli...all leafy and green and crunchy and FPs are like cauliflower, all white and crunchy and not as leafy. Pathologists are like cucumbers....hard on the outside, with seeds on the inside, unless its seedless, then its more like a radiologist because they're always hedging.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I...ahhh...I think I was looking for another room.
Mr. Van Delay, I thought you were in latex sales...
Originally posted by Desperado
No no...surgeons are like broccoli...all leafy and green and crunchy and FPs are like cauliflower, all white and crunchy and not as leafy. Pathologists are like cucumbers....hard on the outside, with seeds on the inside, unless its seedless, then its more like a radiologist because they're always hedging.
Ahh, damn...you took my joke!
What is the official plant of the American College of Radiologists?
The hedge!
Originally posted by supahfresh
Mr. Van Delay, I thought you were in latex sales...
Well...I always wanted to be an architect.
Just to let the thread rest, let's humor the stereotypes.
Surgeon: arrogant
Medicine: academic, meek
Ortho: jocks
EM: cowboys
Peds: nose-wipers
Neurologist: pocket-protector geeks
Radiologist: pale basement-dwelling fungi
Cards: nervous
GI:...well, you get the picture
Derm: pimple-poppers
Plastics: only in it for cash and boobs
Psych: nuts
There is a little bit of truth in these stereotypes, I believe, because certain personalities tend to choose certain specialties. (someone who acts without thinking is more likely to do Surgery, Ortho or EM while someone who's more introspective might choose IM or neuro).
The converse is also true, that the specialty molds you somewhat. If you are a meek person going into Surgery, you will probably end up barking orders a lot more often by the time you finish your residency.
And face it, most of the Psychiatrists I know are a little nuts...
Surgeon: arrogant
Medicine: academic, meek
Ortho: jocks
EM: cowboys
Peds: nose-wipers
Neurologist: pocket-protector geeks
Radiologist: pale basement-dwelling fungi
Cards: nervous
GI:...well, you get the picture
Derm: pimple-poppers
Plastics: only in it for cash and boobs
Psych: nuts
There is a little bit of truth in these stereotypes, I believe, because certain personalities tend to choose certain specialties. (someone who acts without thinking is more likely to do Surgery, Ortho or EM while someone who's more introspective might choose IM or neuro).
The converse is also true, that the specialty molds you somewhat. If you are a meek person going into Surgery, you will probably end up barking orders a lot more often by the time you finish your residency.
And face it, most of the Psychiatrists I know are a little nuts...
Originally posted by Desperado
No no...surgeons are like broccoli...all leafy and green and crunchy and FPs are like cauliflower, all white and crunchy and not as leafy. Pathologists are like cucumbers....hard on the outside, with seeds on the inside, unless its seedless, then its more like a radiologist because they're always hedging.
then all those specialties make my farts stink.
Originally posted by AVD
Well...I always wanted to be an architect.
I think what you really wanted to be was a city planner...or was it marine biologist?
D
deleted36260
Originally posted by beyond all hope
Ortho: jocks
Can someone show me the connection here 😳
I've seen this implied several times on this board, seriously and jokingly, but don't follow where this comes from
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Originally posted by Tenesma
EM: cowboys
huh? did i miss something here?
more like glorified triage nurses
Originally posted by beyond all hope
And face it, most of the Psychiatrists I know are a little nuts...
I agree, most of them are a little strange to say the least...Both in attitude and appearance
Similar threads
- Question
- Replies
- 52
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 9
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 41
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 4K
D