Doctors in the NHS : Please share your thoughts!

Started by deleted981412
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted981412

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a US undergrad degree. Considering between a few programs for MBBS, and wondering if you could share your experiences working as part of the NHS.
Some things if they catch your interest:

--how has the political situation affected you --- hours, job satisfaction esp as junior doctors ---did you want to specialize? how competitive was it? I'm looking at non surgery specialties like neurology ---ability to work as healthcare consultants in a corporate setting ---would you recommend given that tuition for internationals is 37,000 euros ---opportunities for research, mentorship.

Also any thoughts on these 3 low tier (back up to back up option): ULancashire, Buckingham, St George's Nicosia. The schools that I'm looking at: Swansea, King's, Manchester, and Warwick

Any thoughts would be appreciated!