doctors tanning?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

InquisitiveGuy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why do so many doctors tan (especially lady docs) despite all the evidence against it? Sure you get vitamin d, but a dietary supplement could take care of that. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

well... i guess it is like asking why are some doctors obese and why do some doctors smoke? things that make you feel good in the short term aren't necessarily what is good for you in the long run...
also, i hope some of the "tan" doctors are using spray on tan or the lotions you can buy in the store rather than tanning in the sun or under tanning salons.
i'm currently sporting a tan even though i don't want one be cause i'm too lazy to put on sunscreen when i swim in the mornings. bad bad bad.

well... i guess it is like asking why are some doctors obese and why do some doctors smoke? things that make you feel good in the short term aren't necessarily what is good for you in the long run...
also, i hope some of the "tan" doctors are using spray on tan or the lotions you can buy in the store rather than tanning in the sun or under tanning salons.
i'm currently sporting a tan even though i don't want one be cause i'm too lazy to put on sunscreen when i swim in the mornings. bad bad bad.

Yeah,
I tanned for many years until I went into med school and a dermatologist told me it was bad for me( I was a late stage med student...)Now of course I am contending with SK's and AK's, and it is my own fault.

Members don't see this ad :)
that is why you date people that tan, but don't marry them. Lets face it, tan makes some people hot, but I would not like to be with a wrinkly person for the rest of my life.

Well I don't know about other people but I'm afraid of even just walking outside in the sunlight now :laugh:
But then again that's probably because I've spent too much time talking to dermatologists, lol.
Hopefully this will pay off in 20 years, either that or I'll have osteoporosis (kidding, gonna be taking vitamin D supplements of course).