Doctors vs midwives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Man o War

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This OB was awarded almost $5 million for her role as a whistleblower.
Unreal how substandard this care was allowed become.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
She did the right thing. Many hospitals nowadays cater to the whim of incompetent administrators who only care about saving a buck.

This OB was awarded almost $5 million for her role as a whistleblower.
Unreal how substandard this care was allowed become.

Reactions: 1 user
She did the right thing. Many hospitals nowadays cater to the whim of incompetent administrators who only care about saving a buck.

I guess we could all become whistle blowers and leave the patient assassination, I mean care, to the midlevels

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To be honest, I dont know if it's so scary that midwives are doing things. I've gotten to know enough obgyns now to know that they do everything based on litigation fears. Often things that aren't as safe for the patient are done because the doc does not want some lawsuit.

To be honest, I dont know if it's so scary that midwives are doing things. I've gotten to know enough obgyns now to know that they do everything based on litigation fears. Often things that aren't as safe for the patient are done because the doc does not want some lawsuit.

I think it’s part of the considerations. Especially for some of them, 1/3 - 1/2 of their annual salary can go into malpractice. What strikes me silly is the fact that she didn’t figure it out until she was the chief of obgyn? Or how crazy the description of the interaction of her and the “head midwife”. I can totally see that plays out in one of those practice you’re just there to sign charts...... “I don’t you your help. I only call when the patients sat is less than 24%....”

I think it’s part of the considerations. Especially for some of them, 1/3 - 1/2 of their annual salary can go into malpractice. What strikes me silly is the fact that she didn’t figure it out until she was the chief of obgyn? Or how crazy the description of the interaction of her and the “head midwife”. I can totally see that plays out in one of those practice you’re just there to sign charts...... “I don’t you your help. I only call when the patients sat is less than 24%....”

I actually watched the episode and my impression is all the doctors knew because they were called after the situation was already dire, to clean up the messes the midwives had made with their incompetence.
Gee, so many parallels to anesthesiology.....

Reactions: 3 users
I actually watched the episode and my impression is all the doctors knew because they were called after the situation was already dire, to clean up the messes the midwives had made with their incompetence.
Gee, so many parallels to anesthesiology.....
But as long as they’re good at cleaning up the mess, the outcomes are the same! Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Note that the thing that brought this to light was inappropriate billing. Not bad outcomes. Not med mal costs.

Reactions: 11 users