Documentation Tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yea I read one of those, case 12. Chest pain and missed aortic dissection. Seems kind of goofy and I'm not really sure why the Cardiologist got 100% of the blame. But as someone once said on this forum

"Lawyers will find negligence in a malpractice suit even if it doesn't exist."
 
I just read the case you linked. This case is a colossal **** up. The first doc probably should have admitted the patient. The second doc absolutely should have done so and killed the patient. This doesn't seem to be much of a teaching point except to maybe make everyone here who isn't a terrible doctor feel good about that fact.

Agreed. The second doc should absolutely lose his license. I don't care how many good saves he had in the past.
Discharging someone with a HR 140 and RR > 30?

That is daft.