Documented shadowing hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drsoni

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I was wondering if there are any schools that ask for documentation for shadowing hours. I used to keep track of my hours at first, but then I lost the sheet. Are there any schools that require this sort of documented hours? If I tell my dentist to email them, would that be fine?

Sent from my SM-G935T using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
I was wondering if there are any schools that ask for documentation for shadowing hours. I used to keep track of my hours at first, but then I lost the sheet. Are there any schools that require this sort of documented hours? If I tell my dentist to email them, would that be fine?

Sent from my SM-G935T using SDN mobile

nah they doncare

Reactions: 1 user
I am not really sure. You can always underestimate.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Tufts still have that requirement of having to have a dentist indicate in your LOR that you did at least 40 hours with them?

Does Tufts still have that requirement of having to have a dentist indicate in your LOR that you did at least 40 hours with them?

Yes, your dentist should mention it in your LOR-- if they don't they'll have to email the office of admissions stating that you have shadowed at least 40 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile