Documenting Animal Experience

Started by kiwi1016
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kiwi1016

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I'm a senior in college interested in Veterinary Medicine. I will not be applying to any schools until I have graduated from a Graduate Program. I'm trying to bulk up my resume and personally I don't think I'm ready to apply. (due my lack of animal experience and other things).

I will soon be volunteering at a Vet Hospital and I was wondering how do you document the amount of hours you have volunteered/shadow? Do you make your own chart or is there something on the VMCAS website ( I've checked)?
 
Personally, when I was volunteering and actually when I was working at a vet's office, I set up my own little excel spreadsheet that had date, position (I worked in two different positions for both volunteering and at the vet clinic), hours and I just entered in my information. In really wasn't that difficult or time-consuming. I'm sure other people have other ways of keeping track but that worked fine for me.

I split it up by each "location", ie. the shelter I was volunteering at had it's own little chart and so did the vet's office, but it was all on the same spreadsheet