documenting clinical experience (PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jwtaylor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am beginning to shadow some PA's and physicians. My question is: how do i document this so it counts towards my total hours required for application to PA school?

Members don't see this ad.

I am beginning to shadow some PA's and physicians. My question is: how do i document this so it counts towards my total hours required for application to PA school?

shadowing does not count as clinical experience. it only counts as shadowing...

shadowing does not count as clinical experience. it only counts as shadowing...

agree- shadowing is good as it shows you what pa's do in different settings but it is really just watching other people work so it does not count as experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
well i was a resident counselor at a group home working with clients with mental disorders as well. i worked there for well over a year and a half and no doubt have put in over 500 hours there. my only concern is that it may not count as proper experience. i mean i'd love to work as an er tech or something else but unfortunately im a full time student working more than part time and i just dont have the time to get the extra schooling or training to be eligible for those types of jobs. im still waiting to hear whether my previous employment counts for the schools im planning to apply to.

you can easily get the extra schooling to become an EMT or CNA during the summer semester which is nearly here already.