Does a BA/DO program exist?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hoosiers15

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any thing like this exists...

Members don't see this ad.

Look on TCOM's website.

any others? Or the requirements for admission?

Members don't see this ad :)
So MSU has kind of a BS/DO program, except that you have to be accepted straight out of high school. You have to have a certain GPA/SAT/ACT to get in and need letters of rec I believe. Look at www.com.msu.edu and look under DO scholars.

(There's also an equivalent MD scholars program at MSU)

Nova Southeastern University has one as well. :D

I know of one school Pitzer College in Claremont, California that has a program associated with Western University. Basically, you take your first 3 years at Pitzer College then for your 4th year you begin Med School at Western.

Here's more info:
http://www.pitzer.edu/admission/westernu/westernu.asp

excerpt:
"Following graduation with the B.A. and D.O. degrees, students go on to medical internships and residency programs. Students graduating from COMP enter both primary care and specialized practices. COMP graduates obtain residency placement across the country at institutions including"

Isn't there a Truman-KCOM thing like that?

NYCOM has one. I think it's BS/DO,though.

Yeah, NYCOM's is a 7-year BS/DO and you graduate in 3 years from NYIT with a bachelor's in basic science, I think. But really no room for fun classes or anything, it's all histology, immunology etc. all 3 years.

University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (www.usp.edu) has an affiliation with PCOM. Its a 7 year BS/DO program where you major in biology or biochemistry. You apply in your second semester as a freshman (thus you are actively attending USP). To be considered you need atleast an 1150 (old SAT) on your SAT and have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 at the end of your second semester. Each subsequent semester after acceptance you must retain a 3.5. I wish I had known about this earlier (and then had the GPA for it). Its a great program and our pre-medical advisor is well known and respected in the area. If you have any questions, PM me and I'll help you out.

Edit: You will do 3 years at USP. After your first year of medical school you will obtain your B.S. Also, there are five slots per year and they are never filled.

Just wondering if any thing like this exists...

Oklahoma State University-College of Osteopathic Medicine has just paired with the University of Central Oklahoma.

Qualified UCO Pre-Meds will be granted automatic admission to OSU-COM.

Yeah, NYCOM's is a 7-year BS/DO and you graduate in 3 years from NYIT with a bachelor's in basic science, I think. But really no room for fun classes or anything, it's all histology, immunology etc. all 3 years.

I wouldn't really say that. My friend who goes to this program finds it to be pretty easy. He's sitting on a very high GPA but he said the preparation for the MCAT was all on him. He felt the classes at NYIT were too easy at times. Another example of difficulty can be seen at a person I know who has a GPA 1.0 less at my school than what they had for 1.5 years at a different school.

I wouldn't really say that. My friend who goes to this program finds it to be pretty easy. He's sitting on a very high GPA but he said the preparation for the MCAT was all on him. He felt the classes at NYIT were too easy at times. Another example of difficulty can be seen at a person I know who has a GPA 1.0 less at my school than what they had for 1.5 years at a different school.
You know this thread is 5 years old, right? That poster in particular hasn't been active since 2010.

You know this thread is 5 years old, right? That poster in particular hasn't been active since 2010.

Sorry, I've just been going through random posts on SDN network. Have had a bad week, just web browsing. :p